Why a "no" for NYC? Various reasons, most notably the following:
- The elitism of NYC residents (if you don't live there you don't count, according to them)
- The media focus upon it, as though it's the center of civilization
- The media of NYC itself, which is arrogant, rude and eats their young
- That I had to shell out absurd amounts of money on the NY turnpike and for lodging, because the state's taxes are through the roof, all to help pay for the money-soaking sponge that is NYC
- Their Mayor is an idiot who is operating a nanny state
- It's the home of the Yankees
- All NY sports teams are deemed permanently relevant solely because they are NY sports teams (the Mets, Rangers, Jets, Giants and Knicks), even if they are the very definition of suck.
I'd tell you to go do something with yourself but that insult just happens to be trademarked by NYC, and I don't dare infringe on something as culturally highbrow as that.